At St. Joseph School, faith filled excellence defines the educational experience provided in our Catholic Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8 school community. Our dedicated, credentialed faculty; strong academic programs; and facilities, featuring modern computer and science labs; combine to provide our students with a solid academic and moral base in a family-centered learning community. We encourage you to learn more about St. Joseph School today.
The enrollment procedures of St. Joseph School reflect the overall Mission by welcoming all students and families to receive the highest quality of spiritual and academic education. As stated in the Student/Family Handbook, “Saint Joseph School admits qualified students of any race, creed, color or nationality to all programs, activities, rights, and privileges that are offered...” St. Joseph School strives to meet the needs of all students according to the Mission Statement. The school does not turn away a child unless it is clear that the school’s resources would not support the specific, individual needs of that child. These is no enrollment restriction or priority given to specific creeds or parishes at St. Joseph School.
If a family is interested in St. Joseph School, the following steps should be taken:
1. Call the Main Office at (860)582-8696 to schedule a tour and informational meeting with the Principal.
2. Bring previous school records (if applicable) and any other important information or educational documents to this meeting.
3. After a tour of the school, families are encouraged to schedule a Shadow Day for their student (if age appropriate). During this Shadow Day, placement assessments may take place in order to ensure proper placement
4. After the Shadow Day, a follow up meeting with the Principal will occur to finalize all paperwork (i.e., registration/enrollment forms, tuition contract, financial aid, etc.).
Students entering the Pre K programs must meet appropriate requirements and attend an assessment session and informational meeting with the classroom teacher and Principal.
Pre K Requirements:
• Pre K 3 students must turn 3 by October 15th of the year school begins.
• Pre K 4 students must turn 4 by October 15th of the year school begins.
• All Pre K 3 & 4 students must be fully potty trained.
New Pre K & K aged students will receive placement assessments between the months of May through August during scheduled appointments.
Program orientations for Pre K 3 through Kindergarten are held during the summer months.
The St. Joseph School Hot Lunch Program is offered to students each day of the week.
Menu items include:
• Mondays: grinder sandwiches
• Tuesdays: pasta (varies with sauce, butter, or mac & cheese from week to week)
• Wednesdays and Thursdays: alternates from week to week
• Fridays: pizza
This is an OPTIONAL program and the cost in not included in tuition. Hot Lunches are prepared by Bristol TEC Culinary Arts Program. Order forms go home a month prior for families to select lunches and return to the Main Office. You may enclose one payment in one envelope with all ordered lunch slips.
Each class is scheduled, throughout the year, to provide baked goods as a snack for Hot Lunch on Tuesdays. The monthly calendar indicates which class is assigned for each Tuesday. St. Joseph School asks that you do not bake or buy items with any peanuts or nut products for the safety of our children with allergies.
Our goal is to provide healthy, affordable school lunches for our students. We always strive to expand our options and create new lunch menus to try to satisfy even the picky eaters!
For any questions regarding our Hot Lunch Program, please contact the Main Office.
Cold (or bagged) lunches:
Families choosing to not have students participate in the Hot Lunch Program are welcome to pack a lunch. Students are not guaranteed an opportunity to warm up food so please pack a lunch that can be kept fresh in a student’s lunch box until lunch time and is ready to eat as is.
Any specific food allergies in a classroom will be communicated to that class and families are asked to follow specific guidelines set forth by the Bristol/Burlington Board of Health.
Classroom Pages and Faculty Profiles
The links on this page will redirect you to our Educonnect Web Site where the teachers maintain their own classroom pages. There you will find individual classroom news, homework assignments, projects and events. You will also find our teacher profiles.
Save The Date: We will be having an open house on Sunday January 27th 2019 Between 11am -1pm If you want more information about the school and what we have to offer and you can't make the date. Please fill the contact section out below and we will send you all the...read more
CLICK HERE TO...read more