Home and School Association
Home and School Association
The Saint Joseph Home and School Association was formed to offer a liaison between the parents and the school. We operate under the guidance of the Saint Joseph School Board.
Our monthly meetings, normally held on the first Monday of each month at 7 pm in Guild Hall, offer parents a forum to voice their opinions and concerns. School issues are discussed with questions and answers after each program. Each meeting is approximately one hour, which allows parents to come together and participate in making our school an outstanding educational facility for our children.To make sure your children are benefiting from what the school has to offer each family, it is vital that you attend these meetings throughout the year.
The Home and School Association also functions as a catalyst for fundraisers and social functions, which allow families to have fun, develop camaraderie and also keep tuition at manageable levels. We invite all families to take part in our social and family activities. Details of traditional events such as the Back to School Picnic, Mum Parade, Oktoberfest, Auction, Grandparents and Special Friends Day, Lenten Pasta Dinner, Father/Daughter Dance, Mother/Son Bowling, Parent Socials and the Golf Tournament, and more are all discussed at monthly H&S meetings with additional details provided in weekly communication emails from the School Office.
Finally, the SJS H&S Association is also about $$$. We are a completely volunteer organization giving our time freely to make Saint Joseph School the “best of the best” when it comes to the education of our children. In doing so, we are dedicated to raising funds to support our school. The Association is always receptive to new ideas and suggestions and are always available to parents before (by appointment) and after our meetings. We ask that every parent take the personal responsibility to support the fundraising events that are conducted throughout the school year.
- Room Reps
- Chairs of Individual Fundraisers
Click Here for the detailed 2017-2018 SJS Home & School Executive Committee, Classroom Representatives and Committee Chairs Listing.
2016-2017 Fundraising Results
Thanks to the efforts of our parent volunteers and support of SJS families, friends and parishioners, the Home & School Association raised a total of $134,116* in 2016-2017! Thank you for helping us to not only meet our H&S budget goal of $100,000, but to exceed it!
St. Joseph School is blessed to have a strong family participation rate. Every family’s efforts in working to meet the annual fundraising goal results in SJS being able to hold tuition rates at an affordable level!
Current Family Commitments (PreK-8 families):
- New and Returning PreK-8 families are required to pay or earn a $300 (including $200 SCRIP) fundraising assessment fee
- Raffle (sell/buy out $200 in tickets)
Ways to Meet the Fundraising Assessment Fee:
- Scrip Program: Participate in the SCRIP program to earn over the $200 required amount throughout the year.
- Participate in our fundraisers: Profits made from various fundraisers you participate in throughout the May 1, 2018 through April 30, 2019 year will be applied towards your required fundraising assessment. (Monies spent at Auction and the Golf Tournament are EXCLUDED.)
- Volunteer your time: For those who volunteer a maximum of twenty (20) hours of your volunteer time can be used to reduce your fundraising assessment by $100.00. Every hour volunteered will be valued at $5.00.
Community Building Family/Parent Activities:
- Welcome Back Picnic
- Family Bingos
- Mother/Son Bowling
- Father/ Daughter Dance
- Mum Parade
- Adult Socials
- Golf Tournament
- XL Events
- Lenten Pasta Dinner
- Lake Compounce Family Day
- East Egg Hunt
- Parish Activities (Children’s Choir, Boo Bash, Advent Wreath Making)
- Box Tops
- Scholastic Book Fairs (proceeds to library resources/teacher libraries)
- Bake Sales (Student Council, Sports Boosters, Cheerleaders, 8thgrade class gift)
- Free Dress Days & Raffles
- Community Service (Food drives for local food pantries)