Before & After School Program
Before and After Care Program
St. Joseph School
Before Care Program
Before Care begins at 7:00am and goes until the first school bell at 7:55am. The program resides in Mrs. DiMauro’s (Kindergarten) classroom. Students are allowed to have breakfast or may engage in free play during this time. For students between ages 3-8, the teacher will escort them at 7:55am outside to line up with their classes. Students above age 8 will join the teacher on morning duty and the other students outside.
Prices are based on time of drop off and are set for one child. If you drop off two or more, the youngest children have a flat rate of $5.00 for Before Care.
- 7:00am-7:15am:$10.00 (per day)
- 7:15am-7:30am:$7.00 (per day)
- 7:30am-7:55am:$5.00 (per day)
Drop Off Procedure:
- Drive up to the front door to the school and honk your horn so that the teacher knows you are dropping off.
- Pull around to the back lot and the teacher will greet your child at the door.
- If you arrive after 7:15am, you must park your car across the street and walk your child to the back door, due to bus drop offs and student safety.
Any questions/concerns, please email: Dimauro@stjosephbristol.org
St. Joseph School
After Care Program
After Care is available for students in grades PK-8 from 2:30pm to 5:30pm (MTThF) and 2:05pm to 5:30pm (W). After Care is available on most scheduled half days, however, some half days due to faculty professional development may result in a cancelation.
Appropriate registration forms and paperwork must be completed before students are allowed to attend the program. The program begins right after school. Groups are divided based on student age and appropriate staff coverage is provided. Families must ensure pick up no later than 5:30pm!
After Care hours/availability is tentative to change based on weather, early dismissals, or school calendar. Please be sure to note any notices sent home via the School Office indicating changes to the schedule.
Payments may be made by cash or check. Checks should be made out to St. Joseph School. If your pickup time exceeds 5:30 P.M., an extra’s day payment will be charged. Payments must be made weekly for your child(ren) to continue in the program. If you pick up your child later than 5:30 P.M. more than three times, your child(ren) will not be able to attend the program. Thank you for your cooperation.
Prices – GRADES K-8:
• $5.00 daily for each child if pickup time is prior to 3:15pm. (MTThF) and 2:50pm (W)
• $13.00 daily for 1 child-pickup by 5:00pm
• $17.00 daily for 2 children-pickup by 5:00pm
• $20.00 daily for 3 children-pickup by 5:00pm
THERE WILL BE AN ADDITIONAL $5.00 CHARGE PER FAMILY IF PICKUP EXCEEDS 5:00pm
Prices – PRE-K 3 & 4:
• Same as above with an additional $5.00 charge if pick-up is after 4:00pm
• Same as above with an additional $10.00 charge if pick-up is after 5:00pm (includes the above family fee if pick-up is after 5:00pm)
On Days with a 12:30pm Dismissal
• same rate as above with an additional $10.00 charge if pickup time exceeds 3:00pm
• There will still be an additional $5.00 charge if pickup exceeds 5:00pm
There will be no after-school daycare on early dismissal days due to inclement weather, half days prior to a holiday or vacation, conference days or on the last day of school. Please be attentive to the forecast during the winter months so you can plan accordingly.
If your child has medication (prescribed by doctor) in the nurse’s office at school, he/she will need that same medication for the after-care room. This medication must be signed in with Mrs. Roy, and it will be kept in a locked box in the classroom.
A Pre-K 3 & 4 child may only attend the after-school program if he/she is able to use the bathroom independently without assistance from a teacher. He/she must be socially/emotionally ready to attend a full day session. The after-school teachers will determine this within the first few weeks of the program.
HOMEWORK FOR GRADES 1-8 CAN BE DONE IN AFTER-CARE!
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the school office (860-582-8696), and I will return your call as soon as possible. If you need to reach the program after regular school hours, please call (860) 202-3827.
Thank you for allowing us to take great care of your child(ren)!